Reports to: General Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt
Summary: Jonaco Machine is a full-service precision machining supplier with 50 years of industry experience. We have built our strong reputation by making difficult, close tolerance parts for customers in the aerospace/defense, medical and high technology industries. Jonaco has an immediate opening for a Quality Manager. The position is responsible for developing and leading the quality assurance and control systems consistent with Company and Customer requirements. Jonaco Machine offers competitive pay, health care, 401K and opportunities for career growth and development in a fast pace, collaborative, respectful and team-oriented environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation, Maintenance of, and Adherence to, the Quality Management System (QMS):
- Responsible for designing, creating, and implementing a quality system that ensures internal and external levels of quality by focusing on both the process and the products.
- Regularly reviews and revises the quality control system to improve and refine procedures and processes.
- Responsible for making sure employees understand the procedures and processes that have been put into place, through training, providing information and informal and formal audits.
- Reviews all engineering change orders and part revisions to ensure that any changed quality requirements can be and are communicated.
- QMS health monitored through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and internal audits.
- Customer and Vendor Contact on Quality Issues:
- Works with customers in obtaining, explaining, and confirming technical information pertaining to quality issues.
- Initiates regular contact with quality representatives to maintain communication flow.
- Quality Engineering – Process and Technical Support:
- Provide effective quality engineering support in all aspects of manufacturing, process validation and improvement.
- Responsible for responding to quality questions and concerns from, and providing quality engineering guidance to, technical and process personnel.
- AS9100 Certification and Compliance
- Work with key stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure continued compliance to the AS9100 standard.
- Serve as the Management Representative for Jonaco, to include scheduling and facilitation of annual internal and external audits.
- Lead internal Management Review meetings and report out.
- General Responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision to the quality functions including general work direction of both salaried and hourly employees.
- Develop objectives, measures, and complete performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Hands on coaching and mentoring of direct reports to promote individual and team growth.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and experience with core Quality tools:
- FMEA, 8D Corrective Actions, Root Cause Analysis, Capability Studies, MSAs, Process Mapping, 5-Why, DMAIC, PDCA, PPAP.
- Preferred knowledge of ISO 17025.
- Keeps supervisor informed of known actions written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform assignments or adversely affect the Company operations.
- Provide other support where needed, required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or applicable area
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Proficient in set-up and operation of inspection equipment.
- Proficient in Gauge R&R and test method validation.
- Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficient in mathematical applications- Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, etc.
Physical Demands: Most of the time is spent in a typical office environment requiring the ability to use a computer and telephone for extended lengths of time. Occasionally this position will need to stand, reach, bend, lift, stoop and kneel.
Work Environment: Most of the time is spent in a typical office environment with moderate noise exposure (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic.) Occasionally this position is required to enter the machine shop production area with loud noise exposure (example: machine shop.)